Warren County family praying for workers after explosion during home improvement project

nikholas

Fire officials said it’s a miracle a Warren County family was able to escape their home unscathed after an explosion.Investigators said workers were installing a new heating system when vapors caused the big boom, hurting three of them.The homeowner said he is grateful his family is OK while they also […]

Fire officials said it’s a miracle a Warren County family was able to escape their home unscathed after an explosion.Investigators said workers were installing a new heating system when vapors caused the big boom, hurting three of them.The homeowner said he is grateful his family is OK while they also pray for the workers.He said his house shook and he rushed to get everyone to safety.It was a frightening surprise, for his family, the workers and first responders.”Shook the whole house. Grabbing up everything, getting everybody out right away,” Adam Baker said.For Baker, a home improvement project gone wrong, rattled every wall and window at his house on Wilmington Road on Tuesday afternoon.He, his wife and two of his children were home.”They were installing a heating system. He was doing something in the basement and then, we heard an explosion and got everybody out,” Baker said.From WLWT Sky 5, you can see a trench dug outside the Clarksville home as part of a geothermal heating system.Clinton-Warren Fire Department officials said flammable vapors caused a flash explosion catching the basement and upstairs on fire.Firefighters knocked it out quickly.”Could have been worse. Could have been worse. They were very lucky,” Chief Bob Wysong said.Wysong said two workers were flown to Miami Valley Hospital.He said one is 44 years old and another is 22 years old.Witness video captured a helicopter arriving for a severely burned worker.Wysong said a third worker didn’t want treatment.He said two of the workers are related to each other.Baker said he is trying to figure out if the home is OK, but said he is also thinking of the workers.”Our prayers are with him and his family and hope that he has a speedy recovery from this,” Baker said.The company installing the geothermal heating system, Jackson Geothermal, from Mansfield, Ohio, declined to comment on the situation.We OSHA and the Ohio State Fire Marshal are investigating this explosion.The homeowner said he is not sure if they will be able to stay in the home right now.

Fire officials said it’s a miracle a Warren County family was able to escape their home unscathed after an explosion.

Investigators said workers were installing a new heating system when vapors caused the big boom, hurting three of them.

The homeowner said he is grateful his family is OK while they also pray for the workers.

He said his house shook and he rushed to get everyone to safety.

It was a frightening surprise, for his family, the workers and first responders.

“Shook the whole house. Grabbing up everything, getting everybody out right away,” Adam Baker said.

For Baker, a home improvement project gone wrong, rattled every wall and window at his house on Wilmington Road on Tuesday afternoon.

He, his wife and two of his children were home.

“They were installing a heating system. He was doing something in the basement and then, we heard an explosion and got everybody out,” Baker said.

From WLWT Sky 5, you can see a trench dug outside the Clarksville home as part of a geothermal heating system.

Clinton-Warren Fire Department officials said flammable vapors caused a flash explosion catching the basement and upstairs on fire.

Firefighters knocked it out quickly.

“Could have been worse. Could have been worse. They were very lucky,” Chief Bob Wysong said.

Wysong said two workers were flown to Miami Valley Hospital.

He said one is 44 years old and another is 22 years old.

Witness video captured a helicopter arriving for a severely burned worker.

Wysong said a third worker didn’t want treatment.

He said two of the workers are related to each other.

Baker said he is trying to figure out if the home is OK, but said he is also thinking of the workers.

“Our prayers are with him and his family and hope that he has a speedy recovery from this,” Baker said.

The company installing the geothermal heating system, Jackson Geothermal, from Mansfield, Ohio, declined to comment on the situation.

We OSHA and the Ohio State Fire Marshal are investigating this explosion.

The homeowner said he is not sure if they will be able to stay in the home right now.

Next Post

Hawaii to lift more travel, gathering limits July 8 | News, Sports, Jobs

Gov. David Ige on Thursday announced new travel rules that will allow Hawaii-bound domestic travelers who have been fully vaccinated in the U.S. to bypass pre-travel testing and quarantine starting July 8. Social gatherings will also be allowed to increase to 25 indoors and 75 outdoors, […]